News is distributed to newspapers, television stations and radio stations mainly in the 10-county service area of Winona State University, including Twin Cities media when appropriate. Coverage includes but is not limited to:
- On-Campus events open to the public, including theatre, music, art, guest lecturers, etc.
- Academic activities such as new majors or programs, seminars and workshops open to the public, outreach programs, and scholarship news.
- Special Activities like Homecoming, Commencement, Exploritas, Alumni Reunions, etc.
- Student news, including information about the achievements of our students
Feature Stories and News Tips are also given verbally or in writing to media who then develop their own articles.
The deadline for submission is a minimum of five working days prior to date of desired coverage.
Media coverage is not guaranteed. The Communications Office prioritizes news releases based on the likelihood of media coverage. Stories of greatest interest are:
- Public interest
- Human interest
- Opportunity for live coverage
- WSU promotion priority
- Related to national news trends
Submit Information for News Release.